A light snowstorm inaugurated Spring in Canterbury, Connecticut. Temperatures are rising at snail's pace but rising nonetheless. Apart from lamenting Spring's slow arrival, we've had some opportunities to engage in premarital counseling. One Friday we attended an all-day Prepare/Enrich training seminar at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary in West Hamilton, MA. We continue to enjoy our Sunday night small group, and Zuly continues to meet with the "younger" women of the church. Nathan is currently preaching through Matthew.
Zuly and Nora drive all over town to participate in various playgroups three to four days a week. Nora has begun remembering her teachers' and friends' names. Recently, she has been recovering from a small bout of pneumonia and seems to be feeling much better. Since our last post, we took another trip to the Bronx where Nora got to enjoy her "bue" (abuelo), "bua" (abuela) and "anee" (Tio Andy). As for Nora's developmental milestones, she can now say and identify the letters A through F in Spanish, loves to dress and undress herself, creates opportunities to sit on the potty, wipe and flush, can turn door knobs to open and close doors, and can climb over her crib although Zuly has averted an actual fall. Two days ago, she devoured a fourth of an egg roll but refused her broccoli (once a favorite). She loves taking walks to the pond near our home, collecting and throwing pebbles, acorns and pine cones into the water, listening to birds which she calls "tweet, tweet" and scaring ducks which she calls "cua, cua." True to her name, Nora is a bright light. A church member described her as "confident and sociable yet she maintains clear boundaries."
The little baby is quite active and healthy and so is the momma. I've begun having contractions and have felt descending movements. Last night I awoke to a breath-robbing contraction that nearly compelled me to pack a suitcase. This morning Nathan cupped his head when I shared about that contraction. On Sunday I'll be 33 weeks pregnant.
This afternoon we will drive down to the Catholic church to enjoy one of their Lenten fish fries. I can't stop thinking about succulent shrimp. Happy Spring to all!
Zuly! I am so excited for you, Nathan and Nora! (I never check my s_hayle email account; the shastevens one is better - but now I'm following your blog, so no worries!)
ReplyDeleteI am so happy to see your faces. I miss seeing you in Dallas! Even one of the waitresses asked about you and Nathan when we ate there two weeks ago. :o)
Great to hear from you, Sharifa! We miss you guys a whole lot and our Sunday afternoon lunches. Give our love to Jonathan and Judah.
ReplyDelete